- Local News
Brinkley files for county judge seat
Local attorney Jason Brinkley recently announced he has filed for candidacy as Cooke County judge in the upcoming Republican primary election on March 4.
- 'A Swingin' Christmas' set for Sunday
- 'Register' food drive now underway; benefits VISTO
- Council may approve $2.5 million financing resolution for GEDC
- Smith helping develop programs at NCTC
- Brinkley files for county judge seat
- Local Sports
Leopards' season comes to a close after loss to Bears
A season to remember concluded its final chapter Saturday night, with the Gainesville football team falling victim to Gladewater's strong rushing attack and stout defense in a 24-17 loss to the Bears in the Class 3A Regional Semifinal in Royce City.
- Lady Leopards start season with thrilling overtime victory
- Shorthanded Leopards fall to Pottsboro
- Callisburg cruises to road win over Boyd
- Lindsay advances to regional round with win over Lady Pirates
- Leopards' season comes to a close after loss to Bears
Cooke County United Way staff member Nadine Creswell, United Way Vice President Rhonda Beam, United Way Executive Director Angie Hare, United Way President Brent Reed and United Way Treasurer Lois Essenberg stand outside the organization’s new home at 114 East Main St. in Gainesville.
Cooke County United Way purchases Colton building
The board of directors of Cooke County United Way announced Tuesday the purchase of the former Gerald Colton building located at 114 East Main Street in downtown Gainesville.
- Gainesville Fire-Rescue goes Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Era plans National 4-H Week activities
- Depot Days event a highlight of National 4-H Week festivities
- Acclaimed granite sculptor to teach workshop
- Cooke County United Way purchases Colton building
- Gainesville Pride
In the photo above, Dr. Matthew Bayne and his staff stand outside Family Dental Care of Gainesville.
Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles
When he was a boy in Vancouver, Wash., Gainesville’s Dr. Matthew Bayne, DDS actually enjoyed going to his own childhood dentist who eventually influenced him to pursue his own career in Dentistry.
“Even though I originally had a dream of becoming an astronaut, Dr. Stryker was always happy and seemed to have the best job ever,” Dr. Bayne said.
- Bezner Insurance focuses on community
- Dr. White, of Gainesville Clinic, strives to meet community medical needs
- DEF Recycling serves city as part of growing industry
- TSO a dominant force in local optometry
- Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles