Tips For Losing Weight And Keeping It Off
(NAPSA)-Any time can be a great time to set personal health goals and reset healthy lifestyle habits. Here are some tips for helping to effectively manage your weight:
1. Eat slowly...eat less. Your body needs time to recognize that you have eaten enough. By eating slowly, you will have less desire to overeat.
2. Don't completely eliminate any one food. Enjoy a small portion from time to time. This is less discouraging, and you will avoid building up irresistible cravings.
3. Visualize your new body. How will you feel? What clothes will you wear?
4. Stay upbeat. Don't get discouraged by thinking about the amount of time it will take to reach your goal. Time will pass either way.
5. Keep a food diary rather than counting calories. This is less restrictive and will enable you to see if your diet is varied and whether it contains enough fruit and vegetables. You will also be able to determine which foods you should eat in smaller quantities.
6. Avoid the supermarket when you're hungry. When you're hungry, you're inclined to buy more food (and not always good food) that you certainly will end up eating.
7. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you have a bad day, forget about it, and congratulate yourself for all the good days you have had before.
8. Exercise. To reach your goal more quickly, it is important to move. Add activity to your daily life, walk more, take the stairs and you'll soon see a difference.
9. Reward yourself for the pounds you've lost. Some new clothes can encourage you to keep going, or why not put a bit of money aside for every pound lost?
10. Smart supplements. Avoid fad diets and stay with what works. Certain natural ingredients such as Nopal Cactus, Maté, Yunnan tea leaves, green tea leaves and other plants have been shown to support thermogenesis, the body's ability to burn fat.
For instance, millions of people have successfully benefited from Europe's best-selling 126.96.36.199 Diet products. These products are rich in active natural plant ingredients designed to help burn and eliminate fats, sugars, toxins and other barriers from healthy weight management. They are available at natural products and health food stores. For more information, visit www.healthfromthesun.com or call (800) 447-2249.
Remember, maintaining a healthy weight reduces the risk for many serious illnesses and improves the quality of life. It also makes shopping for a bathing suit much more fun.