Gainesville Daily Register
Cooke County United Way agents launched balloons and fed a Gainesville Civic Center crowd on Thursday in tribute to their 2013 fundraising campaign total of $413,000, a clear surge past the target amount of $398,000.
Thursday’s awards included:
A special “Community Impact Award” went to Zodiac Seats US LLC (Weber Aircraft), which raised 52 percent of the 2013 fundraising goal during the fall campaign.
• Small Business Award (businesses with fewer than 25 employees that offered 100 percent participation) — American Bank of Texas, Boys & Girls Club of Cooke County, CASA of North Texas, Dustin’s Office Machines, Goldsworthy State Farm Insurance, Home Hospice of Cooke County, Landmark Bank, Muenster State Bank, Reedy Ballard & Company PC and Wilhite Land Surveyors.
• Pacesetter Award (for businesses who held their employee campaign prior to the regular community campaign in order to “set the pace” for the fundraising season): Callisburg ISD, City of Gainesville, First State Bank, Gainesville ISD, North Central Texas College, North Texas Medical Center, Walmart Supercenter, Muenster State Bank and Nortex Communications.
• Arley Daurity Award (for businesses with more than 25 employees that offered 100 percent participation) — First State Bank, Gainesville ISD and Nortex Communications.
• Community Excellence Award (for businesses with more than 25 employees and more than $100 per capita given, plus 80 percent company participation) — Callisburg Elementary School, Callisburg Middle School, North Texas Medical Center and First State Bank.
• Gold Award (for businesses with more than 25 employees and $60 per capita given, plus 60 percent company participation) — Nortex Communications.
• Silver Award (for businesses with more than 25 employees and $50 per capita given, plus 50 percent company participation) — Callisburg High School and Cooke County Electric Co-Op.
• Community Partner Award (for businesses that held special events that highlighted the 2013 campaign and raised funds accordingly) — Applebee’s Restaurant, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, Gainesville Daily Register, Gainesville Antique & Classic Car Club, Luttrull/McNatt Gainesville Motor Company, Mom’s Donuts, Dry Clean Super Center, T.E.A.M., 1580 Radio KGAF, Muenster Enterprise, North Texas Medical Center, Select Energy Services LLC and The Weekly News of Cooke County.
• Presidential Award (for businesses with a 50 percent increase in contributions over the previous spring): Chicken Express, City of Gainesville, Muenster Chamber of Commerce, Los Mariachis Mexican Restaurant, Muenster Drilling Co. Inc., Muenster Garden Center, Muenster Milling Co., Phil’s Collision Repair and Customs, Pumpco Energy Services Inc., Rustic Ranch, Select Energy Services LLC and Sisters.
Cooke County United Way proceeds benefit these 18 local agencies: Abigail's Arms Family Crisis Center, American Red Cross/Texoma Chapter, Boy Scouts/Longhorn Chapter, Boys & Girls Club of Cooke County, Boys Baseball of Cooke County, CASA of North Texas, Cooke County Child Welfare Board, Cooke County Youth Fair, Girl Scouts/Texas Oklahoma Plains, Home Hospice of Cooke County, Meals on Wheels/Tx Sr Nutrition, Muenster Youth Council, Reading and Radio Resource, Substance Abuse Council, SW Diabetic Foundation/Camp Sweeney, Texoma Area Paratransit/TAPS, Texoma Sr. Citizen/Area Agency on Aging and VISTO.
For more information, go to www.cookeuw.org.