Cooke County commissioners approved a pair of proclamations in support of local outreach organizations during Monday’s regular meeting.
County Judge John Roane read and signed proclamations declaring April 2013 as “Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month” and declaring Saturday, April 20, 2013, as the Cooke County United Way’s fourth annual “Day of Caring.”
Representatives of the related agencies were present Monday — including members of Cooke County United Way for the “Day of Caring” proclamation and Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for the child abuse awareness proclamation.
Other meeting highlights:
• Commissioners approved the renewal and extension of the Cooke County depository contract with Landmark Bank for an additional two-year term.
• Commissioners approved the re-appointment of Kenny Klement and Ronny Young to the North Texas Groundwater Conservation District for four-year terms beginning June 1, 2013, and ending June 1, 2017.
• Commissioners approved the appointment of Robert Adams to the Texoma Council of Governments governing board for a one-year term beginning June 1.
• Commissioners approved appointing Ronald L. Martin and Jane Hickerson Martin to the Cooke County Child Welfare Board.
• Commissioners approved sending a letter of support for Senate Bill 1554 — which would increase funding for rural community and economic development block grants that are being considered by the Texas Legislature.
• Commissioners approved these consent agenda items: fiscal year 2013 budget amendments; monthly bills; payroll and related expenses; cancellation of a voting machine rental agreement with the City of Gainesville due to the cancellation of a 2013 city election; the surplus and auction or salvage of a 1981 GMC Water Truck, two Ingram rubber tire packers, a 1995 Volvo truck, a 1993 CPS belly dump trailer, an Excell power washer, a Campbell-Hausfeld air compressor, a chip spreader and a large shop fan; a contract with Woodbine Water Supply Corporation for the installation of a water line on County Road 107; a contract with Woodbine Water Supply Corporation for the installation of a waterline at the intersection of county roads 223 and 232; a contract with KB Sycamore Ranch LP for the installation of an irrigation line on County Road 100; a contract with Pinnacle Health Technologies for new hire physicals and drug screens, and for post-accident drug screens; the filing for record of Cooke County Sheriff Terry Gilbert and County Attorney Ed Zielinski’s completion certificates for the Open Meetings Act and the Open Records Act training; permission of the Cooke County Emergency Medical Services director to submit State Medicaid reports for additional 1115A monies in the amount of $239,504; filing for record the internal quarterly audit of the district clerk; a voting machine rental agreement with Gainesville Hospital District for the May 2013 election; a donation in the amount of $10 to the Cooke County Public Library for research from the Touchstone, Bernays, Johnston, Beall, Smith and Stollenwreck Law Firm; a voting machine rental agreement with Lindsay Independent School District for the May 2013 election; out-of-state travel expenses for Cooke County Library Director Jennifer Johnson-Spence so that she may attend the Association of Small and Rural Libraries Conference in Omaha, Neb., from Sept. 24 to Sept. 28, 2013; the cancellation of a contract between the Cooke County Sheriff’s Office and Critical Information Network, LLC for education and training; and the renewal of Cooke County’s property coverage insurance through the Texas Association of Counties and authorize the county judge to sign the renewal application.