Monday’s regular Cooke County commissioners’ court meeting will include approval of both the proposed 2013-14 county budget and proposed 2014 tax rate.
Neither the budget or the rate will be set following the approval; both items are subject to finalization following public hearings — whose dates will be decided during Monday’s meeting.
Tentatively, officials have set aside Aug. 19, for a public hearing regarding the budget and Aug. 19, and Aug. 26, for hearings regarding the tax rate.
Also on Monday’s agenda:
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve implementing a county-wide burn ban.
• Commissioners will possibly approve fees for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles optional county fees or make no changes for 2014.
• Commissioners will possibly approve an interlocal agreement between Cooke County and Texoma Council of Governments for E911 Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Services.
• Commissioners will possibly approve paying for Cooke County employees to participate in the “Body Shock” wellness workshop.
• Commissioners will possibly approve a resolution adopting a $5 fee on all civil cases to fund an appellate court for Cooke County (effective Sept. 1, 2013.
• Commissioners will possibly approve a price quote to repair the stucco on the awning on the Department of Public Safety (DPS) building.
• Commissioners will possibly approve the repair of the lighting on the DPS building canopy located at 200 W. California St. in Gainesville.
• Commissioners will hear a report regarding the Emergency Medical Services payroll status.
• Commissioners will possibly approve bid specifications and advertisements for specifications for the Precinct 2 county barn.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve the following consent agenda items: fiscal year 2013 budget amendments; monthly bills; payroll and related expenses; renewal rates of medical, dental and basic life insurance for Cooke County through the Texas Association of Counties; sheriff’s office bonds; the filing of internal quarterly audits of the compliance office; Justice of the Peace, Pct. 4; constable, Pct. 1; constable, Pct 4; and the district clerk; a fiscal year 2013 collaborative working agreement between Abigail’s Arms and the Cooke County Sheriff’s Office; an insurance settlement on Cooke County Justice Center HVAC unit; insurance settlements on the Cooke County Sheriff’s Office 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe; the addition of an additional employee for Precinct 1 Road & Bridge through Sept. 30; a surplus by auction or salvage of miscellaneous items located at the Cooke County Sheriff’s Office; the application for a Safeway (Tom Thumb) corporate credit card; an interlocal agreement between Cooke County and the Rosston Volunteer Fire Department; a contract with Woodbine Water Supply to perform a road cut and crossing on County Road 2134 located in Precinct 2; a contract with Woodbine Water Supply to install a water main along the right-of-way on County Road 189 located in Precinct 1; a cellular phone allowance authorization for Marci Gilbert; an interlocal agreement between Cooke County and the City of Cedar Hill; the road oil bid specs for MC-250, MC-800, and MC-3000 for a six month period beginning Aug. 20, 2013 and advertisement for the same; the surplus by auction or salvage of a self-propelled broom sweeper and an air-cooled Onan diesel motor cylinder; a service agreement between Cooke County EMS and Physio-Control, Inc. for an 18-month term beginning May 9, 2013, through Oct. 31, 2014, for service on two Lucas chest compressors; and the indigent cremation of David Thomas Lee.