Gainesville — Staff report
During Tuesday’s regular meeting, Cooke County ommissioners approved the addition of a backup generator — or electrical connections for a portable generator — for the new Cooke County Emergency Medical Services Station 1, which has a tentative opening date of Nov. 21.
Commissioners said the costs of the addition will be covered by the county contingency fund and are intended not to exceed $85,000.
Other meeting highlights:
• Commissioners approved allowing the Cooke County Child Welfare Board to temporarily store records in a county facility.
• Commissioners approved Cooke County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) paying the 3 percent credit card fee for ambulance invoices that are paid with a credit card.
• Commissioners approved scheduling and funding a new picture of Cooke County elected officials and department heads.
• Commissioners took no action in approving a marketing program that would provide custom-designed county maps for the area.
• Commissioners approved these consent agenda items: the purchase of a 2004 John Deere loader for Road and Bridge Precinct 3 for $50,936; accepting a donation from the Friends of the Cooke County Library in the amount of $3,000 for the Cooke County Library to provide the One Clickdigital downloadable audiobook service; a contract between Cooke County Library and Recorded Books LLC for their One Clickdigital downloadable audiobook service; out-of-state travel for Jennifer Johnson-Spence, library director, so that she may attend the Public Libraries Association Conference in Indianapolis, Ind., from March 11-15, 2014;accepting the Library Mobile Project Grant from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission for the Cooke County Library in the amount of $6,500; a donation of $1.85 to the Cooke County Library from anonymous donors; employee bond renewals for the Cooke County Juvenile Probation Department (Toni Hellman, Tana Moody, and Duana Wilborn); bond renewal for Justin Patterson, county court-at-law bailiff; sheriff’s office bonds (Jason Richardson, Joe Shires, Tim Green, Deborah Edwards, Lisa Mitchell and Matthew Pease); filing of the quarterly internal audits of the sheriff’s office and EMS; accepting auction proceeds from the sale of the sheriff’s office 2000 Honda Accord in the amount of $1,543.75; vehicle and general liability insurance coverage renewal through Texas Association of Counties; the annexation by the City of Gainesville of 1.817 acres owned by CP 14 (TX) LLC who voluntarily requested the annexation; hiring of attorney Denise Cheaney to represent Cooke County regarding the EMS Station 1 project; a contract with Callisburg Volunteer Fire Department and Cooke County for fire services; a contract with North Shore Volunteer Fire Department and Cooke County for fire services; a contract with Lindsay Volunteer Fire Department and Cooke County for fire services; a contract with the City of Muenster and Cooke County for fire services; the contract between Cooke County EMS and EMS Technology Solutions, LLC for Operative IQ, a medical inventory and fleet management software program for a one-year term; and a contract with Caliber Construction for the construction of the Precinct 2 Road and Bridge barn.