Monday’s regular Cooke County commissioners’ court meeting will include appointment of a selection committee to assist in hiring a new county information technology (IT) director.
The potential hire is in replacement of Dana Sons, who recently resigned as county IT director, resignation effective Nov. 1.
Also on Monday’s agenda:
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve a proclamation declaring Oct. 6-12, 2013, as “National 4-H Week.”
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve appointing election judges for the November 2013 Constitutional amendment election.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve a resolution authorizing the county grant to Tri-County Senior Nutrition Project DBA Meals on Wheels of Texoma.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve award of bid for construction of the Precinct 2 road and bridge barn now in development.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve award of bid for ground maintenance for Cooke County for a one-year term beginning Oct. 1, through September 30, 2014.
• Commissioners will consider these consent agenda items: fiscal year 2013 budget amendments; monthly bills; payroll and related expenses; a $20 donation to Cooke County Library from Lisa Ramsay; a $50 donation to the library from Barbara Baar; allowance of the Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace to erect a sign on the outside of JP building located in Valley View, indicating office name, hours and days of operation; reception and filing of the quarterly internal audit of the Precinct 4 treasurer; a contract with Woodbine Water Supply Corporation for the installation of a water line on County Road 173; a contract with Pleasant Ridge Water System for the installation of a water line on County Road 133; a contract with Woodbine Water Supply Corporation for the installation of a water line on County Road 223; closing of fund 070 and moving the remaining monies to the debt service fund 061; the renewal of a contract between Cooke County Emergency Medical Services and North Central Texas College for a one year term beginning Oct. 1, 2013, through Sept. 30, 2014; acceptance of auction proceeds in the amount of $2,802.50 from the sale of Precinct 4 road and bridge equipment; a contract between the county clerk’s office and the Department of State Health Services for vital statistics records for a two-year period beginning Sept. 1, and ending Aug. 31, 2015; the annual maintenance agreement between Cooke County Sheriff’s Office and Global Software for a one-year term beginning Oct. 1, and ending Sept. 30, 2014; termination of a contract with Pinnacle Medical Management Corporation for CDL drug testing services; a contract between Cooke County EMS and Dr. Douglas Lewis, M.D. for the position of EMS medical director; the surplus (by auction or salvage) and advertisement of a 2000 Honda Accord; ratification of the county judge’s signature on MMI proposal to repair and replace existing historical windows in the Cooke County Courthouse; reception and filing of the fiscal year 2013 audit engagement letters for the county juvenile and adult probation department; and acceptance of auction proceeds from the sale of Precinct 1 road and bridge equipment in the amount of $3,007.