— The Gainesville Rotary Club heard from Texas A&M University Agrilife Extension Agent Angel Neu on the subject of Medicare fraud. Neu reported that since the creation of Medicare by Congress in 1965, fraud has been on the rise.
- Local News
United Way campaign begins
This year’s Cooke County United Way campaign kicks off today at 7:30 a.m. with a pep rally and an all day open house at the main office located at 114 E. Main St. in downtown Gainesville.
- Comptroller releases local tax allocations
- TCOG program is a life changer
- Storm creates cavern on Broadway
- Kent Sharp to head Development Corporation of Abilene
- United Way campaign begins
- Local Sports
Era High School fishing team competes in tournament
The Era High School Fishing Team had its third tournament of the season on Saturday, July 12 at Moss Lake.
- Gainesville honors top athletes at sports banquet
- Magazine names Ray Roberts a Top 100 Bass Lake
- Brown hired as GHS girls basketball, track and field head coach
- Lady Leopards drop playoff series to Celina
- Era High School fishing team competes in tournament
- Gainesville Pride
In the photo above, Dr. Matthew Bayne and his staff stand outside Family Dental Care of Gainesville.
Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles
When he was a boy in Vancouver, Wash., Gainesville’s Dr. Matthew Bayne, DDS actually enjoyed going to his own childhood dentist who eventually influenced him to pursue his own career in Dentistry.
“Even though I originally had a dream of becoming an astronaut, Dr. Stryker was always happy and seemed to have the best job ever,” Dr. Bayne said.
- Bezner Insurance focuses on community
- Dr. White, of Gainesville Clinic, strives to meet community medical needs
- DEF Recycling serves city as part of growing industry
- TSO a dominant force in local optometry
- Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles