Cooke County —
School, city and hospital officials released results following Saturday’s election day votes, with canvassing still scheduled for the Gainesville hospital and Gainesville ISD results.
• The option for liquor sales in Justice of the Peace Precinct 4 passed in favor of the legal sale of all alcoholic beverages including mixed beverages, with 750 votes in support of it and 263 in opposition.
• A proposal in the Valley View Independent School District to finance a $12 million campus improvement and expansion bond failed, with 293 votes against the bond and 282 in support of it. Incumbent school board members Clint Grant, Carl Maughan and Corinne French were re-elected.
• In the Gainesville Independent School District board election, candidates Kent Sharp and Corey Hardin were elected to the seats.
• In the Lindsay Independent School District board election, Julie Martin and Phillip Metzler were elected as members. Martin took 152 votes; Metzler took 114 votes; incumbent Jill Fuhrmann took 97 votes, incumbent Jim Ott took 85 votes and Jennifer Worth took 42 votes.
• In the Callisburg Independent School District board election, Sharron Acker received 438 votes; Jack Oppel received 290 votes; Dusty Weaver received 242 votes; Kent Colteryahn received 134 votes and Donny Wilson received 96 votes.
• In the Gainesville Hospital District board election, unofficial results showed Don Wallace received 408 votes; Robbie Baugh received 521 votes; Lynda Sandmann received 470 votes; C.B. “Butch” Streeter received 281 votes; Raj Patel received 152 votes; Ken White received 153 votes; Nancy Carlton received 191 votes; and Emmanuel Alvarado received 142 votes.