Cooke County commissioners are set to approve a proclamation honoring the county’s exiting information technology director during Monday’s regular meeting.
On Sept. 23, commissioners approved appointment of a hiring selection committee following the resignation of director Dana Sons, which is effective Friday. Officials will sign a proclamation in tribute to Sons — whose replacement will soon be announced.
Also on Monday’s agenda:
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve appointing Patti Allen to the Cooke County Child Welfare Board.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve allowing the Cooke County Child Welfare Board to temporarily store records in a county facility.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve allowing Liberty Marketing to execute marketing and mapping program in Cooke County.
• Commissioners will hear from David Quin, program manager from Public Power Pool, regarding Cooke County’s contracts.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve allowing military leave for Emergency Medical Services personnel working 24-hour shifts.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve an award of bid for construction of the Precinct 2 road and bridge barn.
• Commissioners will consider and possibly approve these consent agenda items: monthly bills; budget amendments for fiscal years 2013 and 2014; payroll and related expenses; a cellular phone allowance for Cooke County Sheriff’s Office Investigator Deborah Edwards; payment of 2008-2009 insurance premiums that were not deducted from the employee; filing for record of documents from One Energy regarding the Muenster Wind Farm, LLC; approval of out-of-state travel for Jennifer Johnson-Spence, library director, so that she may attend the Public Libraries Association Conference in Indianapolis, Ind. on Sept. 11-15, 2014l annual maintenance agreement with Dustin Office Machines for the district attorney’s office; an engagement letter between Cooke County and Pattillo, Brown, and Hill for the fiscal year 2013 audit; the salvage of miscellaneous items removed from storage at the Cooke County Sheriff’s Office; the annual renewal of a contract between Cooke County and C&N Technology Systems for fire monitoring for Cooke County; the surplus by auction and advertisement for the same for a John Deere 770A motor grader and pull behind mower attachment from Road and Bridge Precinct 3; filing of the quarterly internal audits for the court compliance office and Justice of the Peace, Pct. 1; approval of riders to Chad Archer and Charles Owens bonds making them payable to Constable Pct. 4 as required by Texas Local Government Code 86.011(c;) a jailer bond for the Cooke County Sheriff’s Office; a contract for fire services between Cooke County and Oak Ridge Volunteer Fire Department; a contract for fire services between Cooke County and Era Volunteer Fire Department; ratification of the county judge’s signature on a contract between Cooke County and Connie Cypert Stovall Family Limited Partnership to make repairs to a wall that is adjacent to the Department of Public Services building at 201 W. California St. in Gainesville; ratification of the county judge’s signature on a contract between Cooke County and Sudden Link for IT services for the new Emergency Medical Services Station 1; approval of rescinding bidding for a rescue truck and allowing EMS to take quotes off of state contracts or inter-local agreements; and a contract with Justice Benefits, Inc. for cost allocation plan for inmate costs and grants.