Cooke County —
- Local News
The Frank Buck Zoo will hold a birthday party Monday to honor the animal collector for whom the zoo is named.
Frank Buck turns 130; zoo to hold all day celebration
The Frank Buck Zoo will celebrate its namesake Monday with a birthday cake and $2 admission.
Frank Buck was born on March 17, 1884 in Gainesville. He was a famous hunter, collector of wild animals and movie actor, director, writer and producer.
- Fire guts Gainesville house
- United Way to host ribbon cutting, mixer
- Comptroller releases March sales tax allocations
- Cowboys bring old west back
- Frank Buck turns 130; zoo to hold all day celebration
- Local Sports
Muenster comes up short in state finals
The final chapter of a season to remember concluded Saturday, as the Muenster boys basketball team fell 64-57 to Mumford in the Class A state title game at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin.
- Lindsay drops openers at Lady Knight Tournament
- Area teams gear up for Lindsay tournaments
- Early errors doom GHS in home loss to Lindsay
- Leopards fall at Bowie
- Muenster comes up short in state finals
Cooke County United Way staff member Nadine Creswell, United Way Vice President Rhonda Beam, United Way Executive Director Angie Hare, United Way President Brent Reed and United Way Treasurer Lois Essenberg stand outside the organization’s new home at 114 East Main St. in Gainesville.
Cooke County United Way purchases Colton building
The board of directors of Cooke County United Way announced Tuesday the purchase of the former Gerald Colton building located at 114 East Main Street in downtown Gainesville.
- Gainesville Fire-Rescue goes Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Era plans National 4-H Week activities
- Depot Days event a highlight of National 4-H Week festivities
- Acclaimed granite sculptor to teach workshop
- Cooke County United Way purchases Colton building
- Gainesville Pride
In the photo above, Dr. Matthew Bayne and his staff stand outside Family Dental Care of Gainesville.
Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles
When he was a boy in Vancouver, Wash., Gainesville’s Dr. Matthew Bayne, DDS actually enjoyed going to his own childhood dentist who eventually influenced him to pursue his own career in Dentistry.
“Even though I originally had a dream of becoming an astronaut, Dr. Stryker was always happy and seemed to have the best job ever,” Dr. Bayne said.
- Bezner Insurance focuses on community
- Dr. White, of Gainesville Clinic, strives to meet community medical needs
- DEF Recycling serves city as part of growing industry
- TSO a dominant force in local optometry
- Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles