Cooke County —
- Local News
Carl Andrew Walker
Defendant sentenced to 25 years for cocaine possession
Carl Andrew Walker, 54, of Wichita, Kan. recently pleaded guilty to the first degree felony offense of possession of a controlled substance and was sentenced by the 235th Distict Court to 25 years confinement.
- Landmark bank provides donation
- Geyer speaks at Rotary Club
- Muenster City Council appoints new police chief
- 'Annie Get Your Gun' opens July 17
- Defendant sentenced to 25 years for cocaine possession
- Local Sports
Gainesville honors top athletes at sports banquet
With the 2013-2014 athletic seasons now complete, students, families and administration looked back on the year that was while honoring GHS athletes at the school’s annual athletic banquet Monday.
- Brown hired as GHS girls basketball, track and field head coach
- Magazine names Ray Roberts a Top 100 Bass Lake
- Lady Leopards drop playoff series to Celina
- Leopards' comeback falls short on Senior Night
- Gainesville honors top athletes at sports banquet
Spooky, a Vietnam era Douglas AC-47 gunship, touches down at Gainesville Municipal Airport to join in the annual Medal of Honor Host City activities.
Spooky saved many lives
Vietnam veterans remember the Douglas AC-47 gunship Spooky and when they do, they often thank the plane for their lives.
The airplane’s primary function was for close air support for ground troops during episodes of heavy enemy fire.
A restored AC-47 gunship will be on display to the public April 11 and 12 at the Gainesville Municipal Airport. The plane arrived March 31 and scheduled plans include a flyover during the April 12 Medal of Honor Host City parade on California Street.
- Cooke County United Way purchases Colton building
- Gainesville Fire-Rescue goes Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Acclaimed granite sculptor to teach workshop
- Depot Days event a highlight of National 4-H Week festivities
- Spooky saved many lives
- Gainesville Pride
In the photo above, Dr. Matthew Bayne and his staff stand outside Family Dental Care of Gainesville.
Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles
When he was a boy in Vancouver, Wash., Gainesville’s Dr. Matthew Bayne, DDS actually enjoyed going to his own childhood dentist who eventually influenced him to pursue his own career in Dentistry.
“Even though I originally had a dream of becoming an astronaut, Dr. Stryker was always happy and seemed to have the best job ever,” Dr. Bayne said.
- Bezner Insurance focuses on community
- Dr. White, of Gainesville Clinic, strives to meet community medical needs
- DEF Recycling serves city as part of growing industry
- TSO a dominant force in local optometry
- Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles