Denton — A crane sits at the site of Gainesville’s Main Street bridge Thursday afternoon. City Manager Barry Sullivan said the bridge should be open to through traffic by the end of October.
- Local News
GISD board earmarks funds for improvements
Improvements to Gainesville schools were on the agenda during the Gainesville Independent School District (GISD) board meeting Monday including $52,083.28 taken out of fund balance for installation of new playground equipment at Edison Elementary.
- Summer Sounds series continues June 28
- NCTC regents approve new staff positions
- NCTC's Wallace elected TCCIA secretary
- Unemployment rate down in Cooke County
- GISD board earmarks funds for improvements
- Local Sports
MLB: Texas Rangers feel they're close to breaking out
The Texas Rangers know they’re in a slump.
- FOOTBALL: Gainesville's Moore to play in Oil Bowl
- BASEBALL: Muenster's Flusche, Lindsay's Hughes earns all-state
- FOOTBALL: Muenster's Walterscheid chooses Oklahoma State
- FOOTBALL: Muenster's Walterscheid receiving recruiting attention
- MLB: Texas Rangers feel they're close to breaking out
During Monday’s commissioners’ court meeting, officials signed a proclamation declaring June as “Domestic Violence Awareness Month” throughout the county. Kim Cook (center right) of Gainesville’s Abigail’s Arms victim crisis center was present at the meeting and received the proclamation from County Judge John Roane.
Court approves domestic violence initiative
Monday’s regular Cooke County commissioners’ court meeting included emphasis on the special efforts among local agencies against domestic violence, and on upcoming campaigns to spread awareness.
- Texas teacher retirement funds sound, official says
- Gearing up for summer fun
- Tickets available for Butterfield 'Fish Fest'
- Gainesville salutes fallen heroes
- Court approves domestic violence initiative
- Gainesville Pride
The dealership offers outstanding savings on new and pre-owned vehicles.
Klement Ford of Muenster offers top-notch service, quality vehicle selection
From Highway 82, the Klement Ford dealership is the first and largest sight in Muenster, the town where this car business has enjoyed more than 65 years of success.
And unlike fledgling companies, this one is here to stay.
- Geo. J. Carroll & Son helps families during their greatest times of need
- Glitzy Girlz boutique focuses on glamor at affordable prices
- York Eye Associates makes customers' vision needs their main concern
- 'How Bazzar' indoor vendor market stirs up excitement at Gainesville Outlet Mall
- Klement Ford of Muenster offers top-notch service, quality vehicle selection