Cooke County commissioners will consider the addition of a courthouse security guard during Monday’s regular meeting.
The meeting is 10 a.m. at Cooke County Courthouse. The addition of a security position, if approved, will require an amendment in the fiscal year 2013 budget — derived from the county’s general fund or the courthouse security fund.
Also on Monday’s agenda:
• Commissioners will consider the purchase of a 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe, plus a budget amendment, in the amount of $30,000.
• Commissioners will consider approval of a quote to repair the stucco on the awning of the Department of Public Safety building in Gainesville.
• Commissioners will consider these consent agenda items: fiscal year 2013 budget amendments; monthly bills; payroll and related expenses; the 2014 Cooke County holiday calendar; sheriff’s office bonds; an anonymous $20 donation to the Cooke County Library; acceptance of the Texas Commission on the Arts quarterly arts response performance support grant in the amount of $160; approval of the library’s participation in “The Yearbook Project” with a records conservation department; approval of a resolution allowing properties struck off to the county during the most recent sheriff’s sale to be put up for sale once again at the next sheriff’s sale; and the filing for record of annexation ordinance # 1317-05-2013 by the City of Gainesville for a 142.88-acre tract of land located at FM1202 and County Road 444 in Precinct 4.
- Local News
Gainesville Middle School principal Ted Beal led GISD teachers in thanking the GISD board at the Monday meeting for the extra duty pay given out this month.
GISD teachers thank school board at meeting
Gainesville Independent School District (GISD) teachers rallied at the Monday school board meeting to thank the board for the recent GISD district extra duty pay given out at the first of December.
- NCTC honors graduates at commencement ceremonies
- Additional candidates file before deadline
- Icy weather forces changes during NCTC finals week
- Chamber guests donate food for VISTO
- GISD teachers thank school board at meeting
- Local Sports
Fleitman's love for game shown in record breaking season
It all started like any other morning for Lindsay junior volleyball player Nicole Fleitman.
- Leopards notch first home win of season against Iowa Park
- Area teams gear up for annual Holiday Classic at NCTC
- Leopards drop opening games of Aubrey Tournament
- Muenster's playoff run concludes with tight loss to Albany
- Fleitman's love for game shown in record breaking season
Cooke County United Way staff member Nadine Creswell, United Way Vice President Rhonda Beam, United Way Executive Director Angie Hare, United Way President Brent Reed and United Way Treasurer Lois Essenberg stand outside the organization’s new home at 114 East Main St. in Gainesville.
Cooke County United Way purchases Colton building
The board of directors of Cooke County United Way announced Tuesday the purchase of the former Gerald Colton building located at 114 East Main Street in downtown Gainesville.
- Gainesville Fire-Rescue goes Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Era plans National 4-H Week activities
- Depot Days event a highlight of National 4-H Week festivities
- Acclaimed granite sculptor to teach workshop
- Cooke County United Way purchases Colton building
- Gainesville Pride
In the photo above, Dr. Matthew Bayne and his staff stand outside Family Dental Care of Gainesville.
Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles
When he was a boy in Vancouver, Wash., Gainesville’s Dr. Matthew Bayne, DDS actually enjoyed going to his own childhood dentist who eventually influenced him to pursue his own career in Dentistry.
“Even though I originally had a dream of becoming an astronaut, Dr. Stryker was always happy and seemed to have the best job ever,” Dr. Bayne said.
- Bezner Insurance focuses on community
- Dr. White, of Gainesville Clinic, strives to meet community medical needs
- DEF Recycling serves city as part of growing industry
- TSO a dominant force in local optometry
- Family Dental Care of Gainesville patients maintain healthy smiles