Cooke County —
The 2013 installment of the Cooke County Youth Fair, an event affiliated with the county’s United Way agency, begins Monday and ends Saturday.
Hundreds of students from the Gainesville, Lindsay, Callisburg, Muenster, Valley View, Woodbine and Era school districts are set to spend several days in competition.
Student projects include swine, rabbits, poultry, lambs, sheep, goats and cattle. The six days of activities also include industrial, visual and creative arts projects, plus food and clothing items.
Sponsorship of the youth comes from more than 130 adults.
Students who participate in the show must be members of 4-H, Future Farmers of America, Family, Career and Community Leaders of America or enrolled in a school-level home economics, family and consumer science or shop class.
Prior to each animal event, check-ins and weigh-ins will be included in show procedure.
The youth fair schedule follows:
12 to 5 p.m. — Family and consumer science check-in at the First State Bank Conference Center in Gainesville.
9 a.m. — Family and consumer science judging, followed by public viewing from 4 to 6 p.m. at the FSB Conference Center.
1 p.m. — Market swine showing, followed by breeding swine showing, both at the Callisburg ISD agriculture barn.
9 a.m. — Equine competition at the North Central Texas College arena.
9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Family and consumer science project viewing, followed by entry pick-up from 2 to 4 p.m. at the FSB Conference Center.
12 p.m. — Breeding sheep showing, followed by market lambs showing, both at the Muenster ISD agriculture barn.
8:30 a.m. — Breeding poultry showing, followed by broiler poultry showing, both at the Valley View ISD agriculture barn.
9:30 a.m. — Breeding rabbits showing, followed by meat rabbits showing, both at the Valley View ISD agriculture barn.
1 p.m. — Shop projects showing at the Valley View ISD agriculture barn.
1 p.m. — Breeding beef livestock showing, followed by market steer livestock showing, both at the Valley View ISD agriculture barn.
12 p.m. — Buyer’s luncheon at the Valley View ISD agriculture barn.
12:30 p.m. — United Way of Cooke County photo opportunity at the Valley View ISD agriculture barn.
1 p.m. — Cooke County Youth Fair annual “Premium Sale” at the Valley View ISD agriculture barn.
Cooke County —
- Local News
As in years past, the local Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1922 organization will conduct a Memorial Day ceremony in the pavilion of Leonard Park.
VFW plans Memorial Day ceremony
This year’s Memorial Day ceremony is set to combine rigorous tribute and storytelling with a notable twist.
- Valley View officials sworn in
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
- National Transportation Safety Board considers lowering blood alcohol levels for drivers
- Fire support and rehab team donates to Callisburg VFD
- VFW plans Memorial Day ceremony
- Local Sports
MacPherson: Gainesville heading in right direction thanks to accountability
Gainesville High is back.
- TRACK AND FIELD: Gibbs takes gold medals at Class 1A state meet
- SOFTBALL: Trenton eliminates Lindsay
- BOYS HOOPS: Lindsay's Cook heading to Muenster
- TRACK AND FIELD: Gainesville's Moore 'pumped' to be going to state
- MacPherson: Gainesville heading in right direction thanks to accountability
- Gainesville Pride
The dealership offers outstanding savings on new and pre-owned vehicles.
Klement Ford of Muenster offers top-notch service, quality vehicle selection
From Highway 82, the Klement Ford dealership is the first and largest sight in Muenster, the town where this car business has enjoyed more than 65 years of success.
And unlike fledgling companies, this one is here to stay.
- Geo. J. Carroll & Son helps families during their greatest times of need
- Glitzy Girlz boutique focuses on glamor at affordable prices
- York Eye Associates makes customers' vision needs their main concern
- 'How Bazzar' indoor vendor market stirs up excitement at Gainesville Outlet Mall
- Klement Ford of Muenster offers top-notch service, quality vehicle selection