Around 200 attended a vigil Friday evening, June 12, in memory of 16-week-old Lyrik Brown, the focus of an Amber Alert earlier this week. Her father, 30-year-old Jeremy Brown of Gainesville, now faces a capital murder charge after authorities recovered the infant’s body from the Red River on Tuesday, June 9.
The Rev. Jonathan Jones of St. James Christian Methodist Episcopal Church in Gainesville led the gathering prayer and NueNue Lewis sang two song selections. Release of pink and black balloons closed out the vigil.
This Week's Circulars
Funeral services for Tracy Keith Stephens, 61, of Gainesville, are set for 10:00 AM Monday, July 13, 2020 at the Geo. J. Carroll & Son Funeral Home located at 602 S. Lindsay St. in Gainesville. His brother Ronnie Stephens will be officiating. A family visitation will follow the funeral s…
- BREAKING: Sheriff's office hit by cyberattack
- BREAKING: County judge issues order about outdoor gatherings
- BREAKING: Free coronavirus testing to be this week
- Masks will be mandatory in many Texas schools when they reopen this fall, education agency says
- Schools react to fall reopening guidelines
- BREAKING: 2nd death reported linked to coronavirus
- Pulse of the Voters: Gainesville residents talk views on statues, importance of civic engagement, voting
- Coming home: Army vet who lost leg to get keys to new digs
- Protest marchers advocate removal of Confederate monument
- 2nd protest gathers: Activists to take next week off, organizer says