Seventy-five years ago, on June 6, 1944, U.S. Army veteran Mugg Pawless took part in D-Day. The Cooke County, Texas, resident is now 95 and one of three surviving members of the 146th Engineer Combat Battalion which assaulted Omaha Beach during the turning point of World War II. 771 military service members were originally part of the battalion.
As featured on
This Week's Circulars
Funeral services for Kenneth Lee Cravens, 82, of Gainesville, are scheduled for 2:00 PM on Thursday, August 15, 2019 at Geo. J. Carroll & Son Funeral Home with Johnny Moore officiating. Interment will follow at Fairview Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:00 to 8:00 PM on We…
Funeral services for Kenneth L. Cravens, 82, of Gainesville, are pending with Geo. J. Carroll & Son Funeral Home. Mr. Cravens passed away August 11, 2019 in Gainesville. You may sign the online register at www.geojcarroll.com.
- UPDATE: Crash injures three, police say
- Wind farm, county officials face lawsuit
- Chase from Ardmore ends in Cooke County
- Wind farm talks to continue at Era ISD
- PHOTO: Purrrrrfect day to get a pet
- DPS: Single-vehicle crash being investigated
- GISD budget talks come to light after delay
- Leopards picking up steam as 1st game approaches
- GISD budget, tax rate up for vote Monday
- CCSO recovers more than $13,000 in drugs, arrests 14