Another gang member is in jail after he pleaded guilty to striking a Lindsay police vehicle, according to Cooke County District Attorney John Warren.

Archie Lee Haddock, a 29-year-old from Fort Worth, received 25 years in prison for assault against a public servant and evading arrest using a motor vehicle as part of a plea bargain agreement with the state.

The charges stemmed from a chase that crossed state lines on Nov. 21, 2017.

OK police chase ends in Lindsay

The pursuit began in Ardmore, Oklahoma, after Ardmore police were called about a reported retail theft. The pursuit included the Ardmore Police Department and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Cooke County Sheriff’s deputies became involved around Interstate 35 and U.S. Highway 82 after the suspect vehicle was reportedly seen going between 70 mph and 100 mph on the frontage road, according to a previous report in the Register.

The pursuit continued to Lindsay where a Lindsay Police officer attempted to join, but the patrol vehicle driven by the officer was struck in the rear by the suspect vehicle traveling about 70 mph, according to reports.

The patrol vehicle spun around and ended up in a ditch. The vehicle driven by Haddock came to a stop after striking the center divider, according to previous reports. About $2,300 in merchandise reportedly stolen in Ardmore was found in the vehicle.

The Lindsay Police officer was taken to North Texas Medical Center where he was treated and later released.

According to court documents, Haddock’s jury trial was scheduled for 9 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5. He pleaded guilty on Aug. 23.

Warren said the 25-year sentences would run concurrently. He also said that Haddock is a member of the Bloods criminal street gang.

“The defendant has been convicted of 10 felonies, has been to prison twice before and is a member of a violent street gang,” Warren said in an emailed statement. “We are pleased with the outcome of the case. He deserves every year. I also want to thank Officer Yarbrough of the Lindsay Police Department for risking his life to protect our community. He did a great job.”

Haddock’s two previous stints in prison were for theft of property more than $20,000 less than $100,000 and burglary of a habitation, according to Warren.

For those crimes, he received four years from Wichita County and two years from Dallas County, respectively.

Jeromie Oney was Haddock’s court-appointed attorney.

“The circumstances of this case were unfortunate,” Oney said in an emailed statement. “I’m happy we were able to reach an agreement that was acceptable to everyone involved.”