About 25 protesters stood on the sidewalk in the 100 block of California Street on Thursday evening, July 30, to raise awareness about child sex trafficking. Leah Hess, who organized the protest, said it was planned to coincide with World Day Against Trafficking in Persons, which the United Nations declared to be July 30. The protest was followed by a candlelight vigil at the Gainesville Farmers Market for trafficking victims.
This Week's Circulars
Debra Elizabeth Putnam, daughter of the late Gene Murphy and survived by her mother Lois Murphy, was born December 30, 1957 in Tunica, Mississippi. She was a graduate of Central High School, in San Angelo, Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree from Angelo State University and went on…
- BREAKING: Cooke County judge states he'll call for public vote on Confederate monument
- County reports 5th death linked to COVID-19
- PHOTO: Twofold protest
- Henry gets local GOP’s nod for Precinct 1 JP
- Recycling service could expand to Cooke Co.
- Era Hornets not getting ahead of themselves as football starts
- FULL REPORT: County judge seeks vote on Confederate monument; poll question could be on November ballot
- Muenster expecting intensity to ramp up
- SBA: 55 local businesses got PPP funds
- Mayor to take questions about park monument
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.